Gallery

Friday, December 16, 2016

Just Add Ink #341...Colour!






We have a brand new challenge over at Just Add Ink  This week Kim has given us some lovely fresh colours to play with.

I have created two cards for this challenge, using the same colours (obviously) and the same basic design.

I couldn't resist colouring up this sweet little guy from the "Merry Mice" stamp set...I matched the colours as close as possible to my copics and although he looks a little on the brownish side on his pants, l did use the same copic colours on all of the green elements and you can see his hat is a pretty close match to Old Olive.
His carol book and white sections on the hat got a very liberal dose of Wink of Stella and lve added some dimension to his nose, eyes and music notes with Crystal effect....neither being all that easy to see, the heading pic probably gives you the best view...:0)

I've also teamed up the colours with "Totally Trees" to create a fun tropical card for a friend heading of on an island cruise...lucky thing!
Not a lot else to say about this one...:0)

The design team have provided some great inspiration for you, so pop over and take a peek at those.




Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies used are Stampin Up! Unless noted.
(Copics non SU)

6 comments:

  1. Nikki, I absolutely LOVE both of these cardS! I never would have thought to use OO and BG together, but they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the little mouse! He's so cute and your colouring is gorgeous! Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Nikki. I especially love the Christmas mouse; you've used the challenge colours to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are awesome cards Nikki. I love the two tone look of this little Mouse. Just proves less is more because this card has it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are fabulous, Nikki! Same basic layout but such different and fantastic looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both fabulous Nikki! I love the detail you've added with your Copic colouring to the mouse one ( and he is so cute :-)) and the way the greeting gently moves down the page on the palm tree - such a lovely detail! xx

    ReplyDelete