Gallery

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mini Treat Bag Box with Tutorial!


"HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas and wishing you all, a year filled with much love and good health!

I have been enjoying a lovely break, catching up with friends and family and pretty much just enjoying some down time..:0) I managed a "Hunger Games" movie date with the nephew, spent the weekend down at Cape Schanck in a gorgeous B&B over looking the ocean, which was the most relaxing way to spend a few days and came home feeling revived and ready to crack open my new toys and play..:0

Today is the release of the yummy new "Occasions and Saleabration" brochures from Stampin Up....One of my favorite times of the year!
My project today, is made with the super cute "Mini Treat Bag" Thinlit and few other fun products as well. 
Whenever l get a new Thinlit or Die, l always look for alternative uses, as l love the idea of using them in other ways and getting more bang for my buck, so to speak.
Although this was a fairly simple way of changing it, l was pretty happy with how it turned out...I mean really, one can never have to many packaging options..:0)

This post is fairly photo heavy, as I've put together a basic little photo tutorial to show you the process.



Cardstock: I used white copy paper (as this was originally my prototype)..:0)

Cut 2 diecuts using the larger front thinlit.
Cut 2 x 4.3/4" x 1" (Bridge strips)
Cut 1 x 2" x 3.5/8"  From cardstock (Bag base)

Your pieces laid out should look like this!
l have removed the higher arched sections on both panels.
(You can see the one on the right is still there and the left has been removed)


I applied tape to both bottom flaps (you can see the shiny strips) and also along both sides of the bridge strips (after folding them length wise)


Attach the bridge strips to each front panel as shown above.
Then join your 2 front panels, using the bridge strips, as in the pic below.


The last step is to attach the last side together and using the taped flaps, add your base.
(l attached my base to the outside, as it gives a neater finish)



"Thanks for stopping by"
All supplies used are Stampin Up, unless noted!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have this yet, but was thinking about trying to figure out how to do this too..... Very well done! (And I love your embellishments!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The definitive guide Nikki! And who wouldn't get excited to receive such a gorgeous little gift?! Happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete