Gallery

Friday, March 1, 2013

Just Add Ink #155


Goodness me! I just can't believe we are in March already and today is the first day of Autumn. I certainly feel like time is just passing me by at lightning speed these day's, must be old age maybe. Although, l do love the gorgeous colours that Autumn brings and milder weather, but hate the thought of  the cold weather on it's way. But l guess the bonus of  that is more inside time and hopefully more crafting time, so there is always an upside to everything...:0)

Anyway, onto what you came for....this week Mae has provided a great sketch challenge for us over at Just Add Ink and it was a nice and easy one to use!


I pulled out a few new goodies from Stampin-Up to use on my card and was pretty pleased with my efforts this week. I don't usually use a lot of Patterned DSP, other than spots and stripes and l tend to back away from anything to in your face in the pattern department. So incorporating the larger floral pattern from the Tea For Two Designer Paper on my butterfly was a plus.



I left the inside blank, as the sentiment on the front is fairly generic and that way l can use this for many occasions.
The rest of the DT have some beautiful inspiration for you, so pop by their blogs, leave them some love and play along if you can!

"Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend"
Supplies:
Naturals White-Crumb Cake-Calypso Coral & Lucky Limeade Card Stocks
Tea for Two DSP-Honeycomb Embossing Folder-Beautiful Butterflies Die
SAB-Petite Curly Label Punch-Friendly Phrases Stamp Set & Lucky Limeade Ink
Elegant Butterfly Punch-Basic Pearls
Retired Calypso Coral Ribbon & Generic large Pearl.

5 comments:

  1. Nikki I love the use of that DSP on your big butterfly, so beautiful. I didn't realise until I looked again at your card and saw that you had used the same embossing folder that I had done halfway on mine (maybe I remembered it subconsciously when I made mine). I also didn't realise it was Autumn when I created my card with the colours I did, thanks for reminding me. Love your card and the use of the sketch. Thanks for picking up my duties with JAI while I am away. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki this is a beautiful card with just the right amount of pattern!!! The double butterfly give a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such a lovely light feel to it Nikki! And I just love your use of the floral DSP for the butterfly - a gorgeous touc h:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty! That butterfly adds such a wow factor to your gorgeous card Nikki! I haven't got this DSP, but the more I see it, the more I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just STUNNING Nikki - fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete