Gallery

Friday, October 5, 2012

Just Add Ink #138.....

Well it's that time again and over at Just Add Ink this week we have a gorgeous colour challenge for you provided by Kim.
The Design Team have pulled out all stops with this challenge and I'm sure you will be blown away by the lovely inspiration they have created for you. Don't forget to stop by their blogs and leave them some lovin!

 
I thought this was a really lovely colour combination to work with, especially as it contains one of my fave new Stampin-Up In-Colours called "Summer Starfruit". I do love them all, but this is probably the one l have used most so far.
I kept my card rather crisp and aimed for a bit of a modern feel this week and l also got to ink up my new "Distressed Dots" background stamp. You know the one you don't think you really need, but buy anyway!  Soooo...glad l did, l love the effect of the partially inked dots and it also looks great inked and stamped off for a much softer look, who needs "Dotty" DSP when you can create your own...:0)


 
I left the gorgeous flower from "Blooming with Kindness" as is, apart from using clear EP, initially l had planned on water colouring it, but decided that would be overkill!
 

 
"Thanks so much for stopping by & have a lovely day"
Supplies:
Whisper White-Summer Starfruit & Basic Gray Cardstocks & Inks
Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon & Neutrals Brads
Blooming with Kindness & Distressed Dots Background stamps
Versamark & Clear EP
Window Frames Collection Framelits
Essentials Paper Piercing Pack
All Products used are "Stampin-Up"

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Nikki, the embossed flower looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo much I love about this card - the dotty background, the chevrons and the frame around the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make your own dotty DSP, love how you have framed the beautiful bold flower, a lovely card as always Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big, glossy bloom is gorgeous Nikki & looks fabulous in the tailored, grey frame. Love those distressed dots too. Fabulous card! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mix of patterns Nikki, and how you framed the flower inside and under the frame - great effect! It really steals the show :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! Stunning card Nikki! Now I need that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Nikki. You may have convinced me I do need that dot background, I keep looking at it and taking it back off my list. Perhaps I'll buy it for a xmas present to myself :) You've used it beautifully, it is a wonderful backdrop for the gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete