Gallery

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #80........

This weeks challenge over at Paper Players challenge blog the challenge is to use "Flowers", it has been ages since l played along with a challenge (other than JAI), so here's the first of my flower cards, l actually made 2 and couldn't decide which one l liked better.........I might add this was not easy to photograph, sorry.
 Pretty CAS in design, but l do like the way the flower & leaves pop on the white background & l couldn't resist misting my flower with a little champagne shimmer mist......love that stuff!
My leaves are stamped in Almost Artichoke ink on Old Olive cardstock using the French Foliage set from SU & fussy cut out.
The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and l used my Scor-pal to create a little interest on the bottom, added some clear rhinestones and secured the punched circles for the flower using a rhinestone brad.

"Thanks for stopping by" 

 

11 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki this is gorgeous. So striking on the white c/s - which you've subtly dry embossed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous CAS card, Nikki! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style style Nikki - the flower is amazing and I might have to CASE stamping artichoke onto old olive for my leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is very dramatic, my friend! LOVE it; especially the leaves ... and the flower ... and the scored lines .... okay, I love all of it! I, too, will be using that idea of using Always Artichoke on Old Olive; never thought to do it, but it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, is that a ribbon flower? it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant flower! I love the artichoke on olive leaves--it really gives them a 3D effect. Such a striking design and layout...thank you for playing along with my flower challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, and what a striking colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Beautiful color combo and I just love your flower. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki, this is such a clean and fabulous design! That ribbon flower is AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guessed it was a ribbon card....if it isn't it looks like one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete